Reply To: Nature vs. nurture

Home Forums Sexual Orientation Nature vs. nurture Reply To: Nature vs. nurture

Mike20396
Participant

Born that way, definitely. Consider this: I am gay. My mother’s sister’s son is also gay. AND- so is my partner’s mother’s sister’s son. And, in all likelihood, my grandfather on my mother’s side was gay- but conventions at the time meant getting married and having kids (he committed suicide after living through years of depression). Coincidence? Maybe, but I doubt it. It’s pretty much a proven scientific certainty that the homosexual brain is different chemically than the heterosexual brain. I did not wake up one morning a decide to be gay. I was raised in a very traditional, religious family (no ‘domineering mother and weak father’) complete with Boy Scouts, Little League, high school sports- you name it. When I entered puberty I just found myself not at all attracted to females. All my fantasies were about males, all my wet dreams involved males. I found myself taking more than a quick glance at other boys in the locker room. I was the one who initiated ‘experimenting’ with my male friends…

User Detail :  

Name : Mike20396, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Humanist, Age : 41, City : Santa Cruz, State : CA Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,