Reply To: Sensitivity training for black neighbor?

Home Forums Race/Ethnicity Sensitivity training for black neighbor? Reply To: Sensitivity training for black neighbor?

Victoria

This is not a ‘black issue;’ unfortunately, there are people out there who just do not want to care about other people’s feelings. I am a black British female, well-educated, brought up in an upper-class family, living accordingly in a very good area, and have had the exact same problem with some new neighbors of Caucasion descent. Every family on my street, which happens to be 99.9 percent white, threatened this neighbor with court action. I went around with some tea and cakes plus a smile, and it turned out they were mostly unaware of exactly what the problem was at first, and when they did realize what was the problem, they felt too embarrassed and victimized to approach everyone and apologize. We all want to live in a nice safe neighborhood, regardless of our color.

User Detail :  

Name : Victoria, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black British, Age : 26, City : London, State : NA Country : United Kingdom, Occupation : Chartered Accountant, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper class,