Reply To: God: Who needs Him (or It, or Her)?

Home Forums Religion God: Who needs Him (or It, or Her)? Reply To: God: Who needs Him (or It, or Her)?

Lisa

As long as there is the unexplicable, as long as there is suffering, and as long as there is love, there will be a need for God. Self-reliance is an admirable goal for those situations in which we have choices with clear answers. But much befalls a person outside of their control; death, disease, loneliness, rejection, celebration, love, the unexpected. And many decisions are not so clear. Faith is a leap of the irrational. It’s the conscious decision to believe and TRUST in something that has no proof. I don’t forsee any kind of future where humanity has all the answers, where faith is outdated, so in the meantime I take great comfort in my faith and in God.

User Detail :  

Name : Lisa, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 24, City : los Angeles, State : CA Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class,