Reply To: No more knocking on doors for me!

Home Forums Religion No more knocking on doors for me! Reply To: No more knocking on doors for me!

Stacey

Part of your parents raising you as a Witness should have involved giving you the opportunity to think for yourself. As you know, free choice is a gift from Jehovah. The best way to tell them is to be up front. Explain your feelings and the reasons for your choice. (Are you baptized? And if so, have you had a change in heart?) It is better to tell them now than to have them find out some other way or for some other reason. Keep in mind, they have brought you up based on their beliefs, which includes a responsibility to inculcate the truth into you. They may feel they have failed you. In the end, just make sure you are making this decision not out of a momentary feeling but out of your heart. That’s what Jehovah looks at. Adolescence is a time when we all question most things in our life. In the meantime, I’m worried that you wrote you haven’t been getting straight answers to questions. If you feel your parents aren’t being straight with you, perhaps you could talk with someone in your congregation who might be comfortable answering some of those questions. And, if you’d like, I would be willing to answer any that you have.

User Detail :  

Name : Stacey, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jehovahs Witness, Age : 30, City : Ellicott City, State : MD Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,