Reply To: Jehovah’s Witnesses and dating rules

Home Forums Religion Jehovah’s Witnesses and dating rules Reply To: Jehovah’s Witnesses and dating rules

Hello people~ My name is Stacey. I am 17 years old and I live in Memphis, Tennessee. I am writing today b/c I have alot of questions and concerns with Jehovah’s Witnesses and marriage outside of their religion. I am engaged to a Jehovah’s Witness. We have been together for 7 months, and we just got engaged this past weekend. I understand that the Witnesses have a strong belief in waiting until marriage for sex, and he and I are BOTH still virgins. We have done sexual things, but I plan on keeping my virginity *hopefully* until marriage. He and I have had many discussions on how his parents would react when they find out we are to be married. You see, they don’t even know we’re together. We broke up for a week last year, and I was ‘trying to get him in trouble’ so I called their house and I had a long talk with his mother. She told me that he wasn’t supposed to date outside his religion and that he shouldn’t be dating yet b/c he is so young (he’s my age..). I don’t understand any of this. From my perspective, God put us all on this earth to be together, why segregate each other? It seems a form of racism! I am not trying to down the Witnesses in any way, I have respect for them b/c of my boyfriend’s faith..but why should he be restricted to another Witness? If he wants to be with someone of another religion, shouldn’t he be able to w/o the fear of being disowned? His mother is a die-hard Witness, but she also loves her grandkids. Sometimes I feel I am to blame b/c he will be the *ONLY* sibling who hasn’t married in his religion. If his mom treats me unfairly and unjustly, and makes me feel as though I am lesser of a person than her just b/c of my beliefs, she will not see her grandchildren. Thats about it…I think I’ve proved myself. One more thing-do they believe in being saved, and are they considered of the Christian faith? Thanks for your time, email me back at psychokitten68@yahoo.com . God bless!

User Detail :  

Name : Stacey McGovern, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : bi-curious, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : non-denominational (aka..'Jesus Person'), Age : 17, City : Memphis, Tennessee, State : TN Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class,