Reply To: Reply To: Why accept gay marriage?

Tonya B.

As a lesbian who just had a Holy Union Ceremony, I would love to answer your question. I met my wife eight years ago, we dated for four years before consumating our relationship. That is to say, we were good friends who were not sexually intimate with one another. After another four years, we decided to get married. We have two children which were participants in our ceremony. Although our ceremony is not sanctioned by the state (thanks to proposition 22) it was sanctioned by the church, and performed by an ordained minister. Why would we want the right to have the same rights given to any heterosexual couple? We are not asking for ‘special treatment’ just equal treatment. We are two kind, gentle, loving individuals who have chosen to share the rest of our lives together. In a society were the divorce rate is now above 50%, how can people say marriage needs to be protected from us, when as a whole it is failing miserably without any help. My question is: What is everyone so afraid of?

User Detail :  

Name : Tonya B., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Lesbian, Race : human, Age : 28, City : Porterville, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Activity Coordinator, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,