Reply To: Reply To: White fear and prejudice

Gee, I didn’t realize there were so many people, Black and White, who were afraid of Black People. I’m a Black woman. I fear no one, Black or White or otherwise. I’m out all the time. No one bothers me; most people are nice to me. So I don’t know what all the ‘fear’ is about. I live in a Black community, my son attends an all Black private school, my friends are Black, my man is Black, my neighbors are Black, and I’m not scared. I’m not surprised at white folks whining about being ‘scared’ of us, but I am truly surprised at Black people…or should I say, ‘negroes’ perpetuating the stereotype that we are somehow scary. So tell me, what do we Black folks have to do to not seem so ‘scary’ to you all–perhaps we should grin a little more? Tapdance for you? Do the hambone for you? Put on a minstrel show? Shine your shoes for free? Be happy, grinning, docile darkies to ease your ‘apprehension’? Well, on behalf of ‘scary’ Black folks everywhere, to all those who are ‘scared’ of us, all I have to say is…BOO!!!!!!! So there.

User Detail :  

Name : RhondaOutlaw, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 41, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Account Representative, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,