Reply To: Black kids thinking they’re all ‘American’

Home Forums Race/Ethnicity Black kids thinking they’re all ‘American’ Reply To: Black kids thinking they’re all ‘American’

Cheron

Who says that they aren’t all ‘American’? Who knows where we came from originally? I don’t. Some black people came from other countries. Some did come from africa. Many of the faces you see are decendents of numerous races. I am of some sort of ‘African’ decent, I also come from Native American, White (whereverthat may be) and French-Canadian. I look black and so does everyone in my family. Do I say I’m African american? Also, British men and women of African decent don’t walk saying they are African British? What about the Blacks in Canada? It’s absurd to ask Americans to walk around saddled with yet another title when there are so many other places that black people reside that you can accost. Also, if the seat of humanity comes from Africa, shouldn’t you say that the white people should call themselves African as well. The native americans too. Oh and people of latin and chicano descent too. Don’t forget about the asians. All I want you to see is that this seems to be more about you and your pride of country, than about commen sense about who the young people and the ‘others’ of the United States.

User Detail :  

Name : Cheron, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Baptist, Age : 30, City : Twin Lake, State : MI Country : United States, Occupation : Data Entry, Education level : 2 Years of College,