Reply To: Blacks intimidating my daughter

Home Forums Race/Ethnicity Blacks intimidating my daughter Reply To: Blacks intimidating my daughter

Pat-Hedelius
Participant

Sadly, it seems to me that your daughter is suffering from a victim’s mentality and an over-reliance on Dad. Family support is a wonderful thing, but this your daughter’s problem, and she must deal with. If she has not had the opportunity to develope these skills and inner resources, now is the time to start. Your reference to the ‘higher ups’ who have not helped her resonates of the nameless, faceless ‘they’ whom we so often blame for our problems in life. Who exactly has she contacted for help? I spent 22 years in the United States Air Force and racial discrimination and intimination are not sanctioned. I also live in the real world and know that it’s not a perfect world. Things happen daily that don’t comport with official policy. However, you daughter needs to take responsibility for her unhappiness, work her way up her chain of command, and enlist the help of other military or civilian agencies. If her complaints are legitimate, I feel certain that someone will listen and help her – even if it’s just be get her shut up and leave them alone. She needs to speak up for herself: first to the people who are intimidating her, and then to people whose job it is to help her. I don’t believe she needs to learn to deal with jerks or learn to be aggressive. War stories from old GIs about ‘the old days’ aren’t going to help either. She does need to toughen up a little and learn to handle her own problems. She’s an adult, albeit a young one. I suspect that if she weren’t being ‘intimidated by blacks,’ she would be someone else’s victim – probably an evil,unreasonal supervisor.

User Detail :  

Name : Pat-Hedelius, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 43, City : San Antonio, State : TX Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,