Reply To: The “Wet Dogs” book title

Home Forums Race/Ethnicity The “Wet Dogs” book title Reply To: The “Wet Dogs” book title

Mekki20750
Participant

The title doesn’t just read, ‘Why do white people smell like wet dogs when they come out of the rain?’ You’ve left out the last and most important part: ‘And other questions that deserve a smack on the head by mom.’ Which means the author is implying that is a dumb question to ask and that you should know better. So, it’s not a racist title at all. I’ve been asked this question before by my black friends. And I’d rather them ask me that question and for me to tell them it’s all a myth than for them to keep spreading a lie. Now, for all those who are wondering, white people can’t smell like wet dogs when they’re wet simply because we don’t have the same oils in our hair that a canine does. It’s the oils, once they’re wet, that create the foul smell. It has nothing to do with the hair or makeup.

User Detail :  

Name : Mekki20750, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Irish/Puerto Rican, Religion : Catholic, Age : 22, City : Virginia Beach, State : VA Country : United States,