Reply To: Do deaf people scream when frustrated?

Home Forums Disabilities/Challenges Do deaf people scream when frustrated? Reply To: Do deaf people scream when frustrated?

Christy
Participant

I’m a 22-year-old deaf education/American Sign Language interpretation major. I’ve been involved with sign language and deaf people since I was about 14. Being so involved in deaf culture has let me see how deaf people react to different situations, including news of joy and sadness. Deaf people react the same way to situations that hearing people do. Obviously when you receive horrible/fantastic news, you’re more prone to make noises (such as shouting ‘Yes!’ or moaning in disbelief or in frustration). It’s the same way for deaf people, except that they do not always know that they’ve made those noises.

User Detail :  

Name : Christy, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : american, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 22, City : jacksonville, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : starving college student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class,