Reply To: Creeping (and creepy) old-timer

Home Forums Age-related Creeping (and creepy) old-timer Reply To: Creeping (and creepy) old-timer

David25893
Participant

I think the reasons behind this guy’s behaviour have more to do with personality rather than environmental conditioning in the military. I spent many years in the army and encountered numerous individuals who just would not have fitted in anywhere else. They weren’t a product of the army, but the army did give them what they couldn’t get, perhaps, elsewhere; status, authority, uniform, power, respect of subordinates etc. Sooner or later, the army has to return them to society and they hit the ground with a thump. My advice is to just pick them up gently and point them in the right direction. They are inherently inadequate and need support, in some form or other.

User Detail :  

Name : David25893, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 50, City : London, State : NA Country : United Kingdom, Occupation : Teacher, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,