Reply To: Is Spanish language taking us over?

Home Forums Race/Ethnicity Is Spanish language taking us over? Reply To: Is Spanish language taking us over?

Richard
Participant

The thing that also gets me is when I need to flip a clothing tag over to the other side in order to finally get laundering instructions in English because the first instructions on the front of the tag are in Spanish and, sometimes, French. The product is being sold in the United States, a 280 million person market. I’m of Polish extraction and maintain the language in my home, however, I would think it arrogant to demand and expect laundering instructions in Polish. When my parents immigrated, they learned the language in order to function here. They speak/spoke with accents and their English was/is not perfect but they did not ask for a language catering service. Latinos!!! Drop your machismo. This is the United States and our common, official language here is English. Learn it and keep your Spanish at home like I keep my Polish.

User Detail :  

Name : Richard, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 44, City : Philadelphia, State : PA Country : United States, Occupation : Social Worker, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,