Reply To: Not all social workers are bleeding hearts!

Home Forums Occupation Not all social workers are bleeding hearts! Reply To: Not all social workers are bleeding hearts!

Annie23889
Participant

I used to work in a department of social services in Virginia, and found all the social workers who I worked with to be wonderful people – basically compassionate and caring. None of them were dowdy. Most were quite attractive and interesting. I think the reason you are not getting too many responses to your applications is your age. I’m sure you are not listing your DOB, but a prospective employer will be able to tell you are older because of the graduation dates you list, or just due to the length of experience. It’s tough to switch careers at this age. I changed my career in my 40s, and it took me a long time to land a decent job. Hang in there. Persistence will pay off.

User Detail :  

Name : Annie23889, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 51, City : Lawrenceville, State : GA Country : United States, Occupation : copy editor, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,