Reply To: Medical professionals and the ‘yuk’ factor

Home Forums Occupation Medical professionals and the ‘yuk’ factor Reply To: Medical professionals and the ‘yuk’ factor

SG
Participant

I believe it’s a combination of (as you said) being a good actor and having to get the job done. I’m a general internist, so I don’t see a lot of gore, but I do get exposed to things that bother me, such as infected sebaceous cysts and fecal impactions (smells are what get to me.) But someone’s got to do it, and the patients feel so much better after you treat them. Also, the patients are often embarrassed about the problem, and I don’t want to make them feel worse. I try not to laugh when women apologize for not shaving their legs; it seems so minor. A lot of it is what you’re used to, too. My brother, a dentist, can’t believe I do pap smears, while I wouldn’t want to spend my whole day working on people’s mouths.

User Detail :  

Name : SG, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 46, City : Jacksonville, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : physician, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper class,