Reply To: Fearful whites

Home Forums Race/Ethnicity Fearful whites Reply To: Fearful whites

I am a young, white female and having lived in LA and currently Houston – 2 cities with a high population, ethnic diversity, and crime rate – I can say that this happens out of where one lives and its society and/or personal experience. I have bi-racial cousins that I love more than life and am completely against any kind of racism – acts, hate crimes or negative words. But also I was robbed at work recently by 3 large black men that held a gun pressed to my forehead for 15 minutes and then beat me over the head with it until I went unconcsious for $200. So from my EXPERIENCE I am more careful and apt to holding my purse closer to me when a large black man approaches me at work or is following me in a parking lot. About locking doors – they get locked for fear of something getting stolen – not because there are black people that live in the neighborhood or are in the parking lot. To stereotype a bit – maybe it is the older white women that are doing this more obviously because they were raised ‘back then.’ But black women clutch their bags as well when a large white man walks into a conveinient store also. Perhapse I am contradicting myself but I believe that every situation and action is circumstantial.

User Detail :  

Name : Cyndy Miller, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 18, City : Houston, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Social class : Middle class,