Reply To: Poor little rich boyz and girlz

Home Forums Class Poor little rich boyz and girlz Reply To: Poor little rich boyz and girlz

Jason31230
Participant

I think this question really includes a couple assumed conclusions – first, that one’s family having money necessarily shelters one from social or personal problems. The second assumption is that being something other than poor or working-class somehow makes you a less-than-authentic person. I think both of these assumptions are fatally, inherently flawed. Having been at the lower end of the social and economic spectrum in the past, it feels insulting to poor people to assume that money or other personal problems are in themselves enobling, There seems also to be the implication that being screwed up or screwed over is an honorable thing. That seems totally backward to me.

User Detail :  

Name : Jason31230, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 29, City : Omaha, State : NE Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,