Reply To: Like ‘black’ culture, hate ‘black’ people

Home Forums Race/Ethnicity Like ‘black’ culture, hate ‘black’ people Reply To: Like ‘black’ culture, hate ‘black’ people

Jeff

First, Equaling the virtues of Western Culture only to those of white culture is totally asinine, in that America and all it stands for today has been built on the backs of not only the Europeans who once settled here, but also on the backs of slaves as well as immigrants, who came seeking a government created ‘for the people, by the people.’ Secondly, yes I am first generation American, my family is West Indian, but my family ties to Africa are as old as your family ties to Europe. If anything I would only be interested in visiting Africa, to observe it’s rich culture, as would you on a visit to England or wherever you family originated. I am American, I was born America and I will die an American as will you. My culture is your culture, and until you and other people who think like you understand that, comments like the one you made, we forever fuel our ignorance to one another.

User Detail :  

Name : Jeff, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 17, City : Brooklyn, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class,