Reply To: Ahem – “Excuse me”?

Home Forums Race/Ethnicity Ahem – “Excuse me”? Reply To: Ahem – “Excuse me”?

meb
Participant

I’m not sure why, but even though I’m white and live in a mostly white environment, I’m not comfortable with questioning the rude ones. There certainly has been a drop in manners. Just today, I was at a window about car registration, and someone (white) tried to crowd me out even though the lobby was almost empty so there was plenty of space. A couple of weeks ago, I moved up in line at a deli and was ready to place my order and two 6 to 8 year olds (white) ran up and tried to cut in front. I can’t stand having my ‘space’ invaded, but as soon as someone says ‘excuse me’, all is forgiven and I am less stressed. So, I acknowledge other people when passing by in a crowd, and I do not crowd other people when in a line. Perhaps the pushy & rude types don’t have any concept of personal space, but that seems unlikely.

User Detail :  

Name : meb, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 39, City : Raymond, State : NH Country : United States, Occupation : Engineer, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class,