Reply To: Crossing the street

Home Forums Race/Ethnicity Crossing the street Reply To: Crossing the street

This one crosses all of the ethnic/gender lines. I live in a very diverse neighborhood in Dallas. The streets are busy with cars that are well above the speed limit, and red lights aren’t exactly respected. But with all that, I still regularly observe folks stepping into the crosswalk against the light. They end up getting honked at, dodging traffic and taking great risks. I don’t get it – except for knowing about a lot of Dallas folks feelings that the world is supposed to ‘…know who I am…’ and wait on them. This same behavior is apparent on the freeways in the lack of signal light usage, running lights/stop signs, etc. Dallas is by far worse than cities I’ve visited on the west coast. It might be more of a geographic thing than an ethnic/gender thing, in my opinion.

User Detail :  

Name : Mark Bentley, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : UFMCC - Cathedral of Hope, Age : 39, City : Dallas, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Financial analyst, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class,