Reply To: Why can’t Christians just leave people alone?

Home Forums Religion Why can’t Christians just leave people alone? Reply To: Why can’t Christians just leave people alone?

Mark D.

We Christians are convinced we have truly experienced something real and life-changing: Jesus Christ, the Son of God – the only answer to the human predicament. Those who have experienced this cannot but talk about it. I am sorry you have felt Christianity ‘shoved down your throat.’ I believe Christians should look at and identify with the person of Christ as described in the Bible. He never shoved anything down anyone’s throat – his attitude was always one of love and compassion, and it would be good if Christians (myself included) would use this as a starting point when sharing their beliefs. However, Christians are not perfect people. The Apostle Paul talks in Philippians 1:15-18 about preaching Christ for the wrong reasons and concludes, ‘The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached…’ Those whose behavior you resent may have their human failings, but they have nevertheless fulfilled the responsibility toward you to ‘preach Christ.’ Take him or leave him – accept those people as they are or reject them totally (in my belief, at your peril).

User Detail :  

Name : Mark D., Gender : M, City : Belgrade, State : NA Country : Yugoslavia,