Reply To: Not my daughter (or son)?

Home Forums Race/Ethnicity Not my daughter (or son)? Reply To: Not my daughter (or son)?

Joanna

I am an Italian-American woman who is engaged to a black man. My position on this question is sort of odd, but here it is: When I have children, who will be biracial, I will strongly encourage them to date only black men and women. I have met many people involved in interracial relationships, and 90 percent of them to me are not based in love but on stereotypes and the desire to rebel. I have seen many cases where white women who date black men consistently put down black women, and degrade black culture as a whole. I have seen others who are involved with a black partner because of certain stereotypes of physical and sexual characteristics. Due to my experiences with other interracial couples, I would encourage my children to date within the black community, simply because it is often hard to tell whether the white partner is truly in it for love, or whether it is one of these other reasons.

User Detail :  

Name : Joanna, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Religion : Christian, Age : 26, City : Commack, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : social work, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class,