Reply To: Fame

Home Forums Race/Ethnicity Fame Reply To: Fame

Stacey

Dawn, I don’t quite see this trend in music. Certainly you have whites rewarded more in business, politics and even acting. However, if one looks back at some of the more celebrated or note-worthy musicians, minus classical music, one generally would have black musicians brought to mind: Charlie Parker, Miles Davis, Louis Armstrong, The Pretenders, Ella, Tina Turner, Diana Ross, Brandie (sp), Branford & Wynton Marsalis, Fresh Prince/Will Smith, etc. Just to name a VERY few. I don’t know if we can say for sure that there is an inequity in the music business. I have no idea if it’s more difficult for an aspiring Black musician but when a Black musician becomes ‘known’ there is plenty of rewarding. Perhaps though there is more scandal (be it with basis or not) around Black artists and maybe that results in shorter-lived fame, I don’t know. Something to watch though.

User Detail :  

Name : Stacey, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jehovahs Witness, Age : 28, City : Boston, State : MA Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,