Reply To: Want more than stares from white men

Home Forums Race/Ethnicity Want more than stares from white men Reply To: Want more than stares from white men

(Another)-John
Participant

I have to agree with John. I work with primarily black females, but there is one who stands out. I have not pushed the issue because we are co-worker and that is strictly taboo, but we still have lunch together often. The stares we get seem to indicate white woman + black man = acceptable. White man + black woman = complete abomination. She’s selling out to ‘the man’. Particularly from other black women. They have sometimes been quite vocal in their objection. It really only kind of bothers me I guess because no one of consequence, of my race has voiced objection.(OK, a couple of skinheads, but they are idiots who buried the whole working class movement under racial issues) She notices the stares much more so than I do. I guess we still have a long way to go.

User Detail :  

Name : (Another)-John, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 32, City : Arlington, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : acquisitions for govt. office, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,