Reply To: Black people at the movies

Home Forums Race/Ethnicity Black people at the movies Reply To: Black people at the movies

Teresa

First of all, I would re-evaluate where you went when you did this private study. Did you go to an theater that seemed extremely unprofessionsal and laid back thus promoting more of a carefree and expressive atmosphere? I go to the movies all the time and only see African Americans yelling at the movie screen when around more of a younger crowd (i.e teenagers). I rarely see this type of behavior and the majority of people at the theater I go to are African American. Also, I don’t see only young AA but also other young ethnic groups as well, including whites taling loud and yelling at the scream. So I guess I didn’t really answer your question. I just feel that some people can be disrespectful but some may think that it’s cool especially if they have a crowd to give them attention. I hate this stereotype especially since I know that it doesn’t represent a significant number of African Americans.

User Detail :  

Name : Teresa, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Age : 30, City : Detroit, State : MI Country : United States, Occupation : student/counselor, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,