Reply To: Reply To: reparations? Why?

Jessica G.

I believe that no one who was not directly affected deserved reparations. Not in slavery, or war. In history, the English repeatedly massacred the Scots and the Irish, killing, raping, pillaging. Being of both heritages, it is my history. Do I ask for money because it happened? No. Humanity, as a whole and as individuals, make mistakes. Repent, and remember your mistake. Will you be forgiven? Thats not for me to say. Do I want your money? What amount is going to give my family back their life? How is a new car going to make up for what they lost? I’ll not be bitter towards those that hurt my people in the past because thats what it is. The past. My only condition is that the truth be told in our history books, every ugly detail. When we hide our mistakes, we only repeat them.

User Detail :  

Name : Jessica G., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 24, City : Greenville, State : SC Country : United States, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class,