Reply To: Confederate Flag racist?

Home Forums Race/Ethnicity Confederate Flag racist? Reply To: Confederate Flag racist?

Flip
Participant

The fact is a flag is a flag, I would ask this person if they are american born, and if so do they view the stars and stripes also racist? If not why not? The union was also racist, it slaughtered millions of native americans, stole their land, imprisoned women and children, and treated the men worse than slaves, disrespected their way of life and generally tried to wipe out the entire race, those it did not manage to kill were put on reservations where they were for the most part starved. I would say here I am not racist I am white and am open minded about most everything. When this question is raised about flags and symbols I believe people over react, the sooner people get over the whole flag, slave, thing the better, only then will we start respecting each other for who we are….not what color we are. Black white yellow, it does’nt matter, we are all human.

User Detail :  

Name : Flip, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 44, City : Philladelphia, State : PA Country : United States, Occupation : IT, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,