Reply To: Why don’t white people like greens?

Home Forums Race/Ethnicity Why don’t white people like greens? Reply To: Why don’t white people like greens?

Melissa

I am a 22 yr. old ‘white’ female. I don’t think liking or dis-liking certain foods has anything to do with the color of our skin or ethnicity. I think it has a lot to do with how you were raised and what your parents made you eat or try. I grew up lower class (but AM NOT white trash) and I love what I call Southern food. Ex: brown beans, fried potatoes, greens, cornbread, biscuits, fried bologna, etc. A lot of people call this ‘soul food’. I guess it is soul food also, cause it’s great for the soul- whether you’re white, black, green, or purple. 🙂 I think you’re friend is just afraid to try new things. You should invite her and her husband over and have dinner together. Ask her to try your favorite foods. It could start a great friendship.

User Detail :  

Name : Melissa, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Human, Religion : Christian, Age : 22, City : Lexington, State : KY Country : United States, Occupation : Customer Service, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class,