Reply To: Why all the talk about sun block?

Home Forums Race/Ethnicity Why all the talk about sun block? Reply To: Why all the talk about sun block?

Actually, Christine, anyone who plans to be exposed to the sun for any length of time should use a sunblock. Sunblocking products aren’t about tanning…they’re about protecting one’s skin against the sun’s harmful U.V. (ultraviolet) rays, which cause skin cancer. I make it a point to use it everytime I know I’m going to be exposed to the sun. Don’t be fooled about the melanin thing…African Americans are no less vulnerable to skin cancer than whites, if they’re sun worshippers. So join your caucasian teammates; get yourself a bottle of sunblock, and slather it on. The life (not to mention skin) you save may be your own. As for tanning, Black people do tan. I am a medium brown sista, and during the summer, I am noticeably darker — to the point where I have to buy my foundation a shade darker.

User Detail :  

Name : Rhonda-P-Outlaw31160, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 43, City : Laurelton, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Account Rep, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,