Reply To: Why assumptions about Gays/Chrisrianity/Bible

Home Forums Religion Why assumptions about Gays/Chrisrianity/Bible Reply To: Why assumptions about Gays/Chrisrianity/Bible

Allison

Christians are against homosexuality because the Bible is against it. Old Testament, Leviticus 20:13: ‘If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood wil be spilt on their own heads.’ And New Testament, 1st Corinthians 6:9: ‘Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders will inherit the kingdom of God.’ That’s just a couple of the refrences to homosexuality found in the Bible. God is pretty clear that homosexuality is wrong and that it’s not how He created us. I understand how you feel because often Christians make being gay somehow worse than other sins, and that’s not true. However, anything we do that is wrong we need to repent of and ask God to help us change. If you are really a Christian, then you understand the sacrifice Christ made on our behalf, and the depth of sin from which we have been saved. You should want to change, not because somehow you need to be good enough (we can never be good enough), but because you are so grateful for what Christ has done. It is true that God loves His children, but if you continue with this sin, knowing that He has said it is wrong, are you really His child? If you come to him, and ask His forgiveness, He will forgive you. But none of us can continue in our sin without repentance and still claim to be chldren of God. I hope this makes sense. I am sorry for ignorant Christians who you feel are condemning you. Think about it, and feel free to respond to me personally.

User Detail :  

Name : Allison, Gender : F, Age : 18, City : St. Louis, State : MO Country : United States,