Reply To: Gothic clothes bugging my parents

Home Forums Age-related Gothic clothes bugging my parents Reply To: Gothic clothes bugging my parents

Ben Pope

My answer to your parents would be (I’m a parent too): One of my year 10 students (15 years old) is in foster care. He’s been a minor trouble maker – nothing serious, buy always getting shouted at in class etc (by me). Recently he’s become ‘gothic’ – mainly dying his hair black, doing his nails black, wearing eye-liner. His behaviour has improved dramatically, and he seems much calmer. He’s not on drugs etc – I think he’s happy he’s found a ‘place’ for himself. He’s no more a satan worshipper than anyone else in the class. If you’ve found a group who you like, and who like you then, as a teacher, i would encourage you to stand up for your differences – that’s what i encourage all my students to do. Being a goth is a lifestyle choice – and it’s a lot nicer than a lot of ‘normal’ options. In my experience ‘normal’ people are often the biggest racists, bullies etc. Good luck.

User Detail :  

Name : Ben Pope, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 28, City : Beaudesert, State : NA Country : Australia, Occupation : Teacher, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,