Reply To: Why do white people complain so much?

Home Forums Race/Ethnicity Why do white people complain so much? Reply To: Why do white people complain so much?

Dave

I can speak from some experience on this, as I was a customer service representative for a large financial institution for almost four years. In that time, I answered approximately 140,000 calls. My take on the white/ black / red / yellow question of ‘who complains most’ is this; The people with the most time on their hands did the complaining. In as much as it is difficult to determine race by voice, there are occasions that offer some indication with a fair amount of accuracy. For example, if you heard someone with Locust Valley lockjaw say ‘Lovey, Ask the driver to pick up the Rolls after my afternoon tea, and have the maid fluff the pillows a little extra tonight’ you probably couldn’t get past picturing Thurston Howell III with his sailor hat and day coat. So to some degree you can guess who you are speaking with. And based on that, my experience is that the complaints came from every color, flavor and nationality. In all the time I was on the phone, I never ended a day feeling that a particular group of people were any more or less likely to be or act a particular way. Ignorant and learned minds know not the bounds of race or gender. MarronBella, I am curious to know what type of business you answered calls for. Is it a type of Business/Service where you would be more likely to speak to a particular gender or race? For example, do you work for Clairol’s ‘Hair Coloring for White Chicks’ complaint hotline? I’m making a joke, but I am serious in that the type of business just might have something to do with the type of calls received.

User Detail :  

Name : Dave, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 34, City : Long Island, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Technical, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Middle class,