Reply To: Dreadlocks on white people

Home Forums Race/Ethnicity Dreadlocks on white people Reply To: Dreadlocks on white people

jazzmonn

Whites having dreds is OK if that’s what they want to do. But perception-wise, it’s not so good, to be brutally honest. Lock means lock, not braid or twist or pasted together with beeswax or glue. If you can’t naturally lock, stay away from it. For instance, I have naturally nappy hair. It looks really sad to see blacks who make their hair straight with chemicals or hot combs. The hair actually looks dead, but the person thinks it looks good. Is that brainwashing or what? Brainwashed into believing that your natural hair is ugly. Why go through the ritual of hot comb or chemical burning? Because you think nappy is ugly. That’s the brainwashing. Wake up and be free. So what if it costs your job. Don’t you want to know how people really feel about you?

I have experienced this as recently as a year ago, when I was rejected for a $90,000-a-year job because of my locks. Did I get mad? Hell yeah! Did I retaliate? No. I just prayed, and now I am making $110,000 a year. So quit being afraid to be nappy and stop living the straight-hair lie.

So for whites, I say there’s more to locks than just having them. You have to immerse yourself in the culture. Otherwise, don’t do it, because you just would be frontin’, and that ain’t cool.

User Detail :  

Name : jazzmonn, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : African, Anglo, Native American, Latino, Religion : Believe in Creator, Age : 41, City : Dallas, State : TX Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower class,