Reply To: NAACP not for Asians or Hispanics?

Home Forums Race/Ethnicity NAACP not for Asians or Hispanics? Reply To: NAACP not for Asians or Hispanics?

christopher
Participant

statistically, i suspect that there are non-black people of color involved in these agencies.. the naacp, specifically, was founded by a group black and white (mostly jewish) individuals; the main focus was african-american civil rights… From the height of the civil rights movement on, i’m not sure what the relationship the NAACP had with other ethnic community activist groups (latino, asian, native american, etc.), but that would be interesting to look at. especially nowadays, ‘Coalition Partners’ is a buzzword that many activist groups use when two distinct groups get together. There should be a local NAACP office in Houston, you can probably approach them for information about your question, i’m sure they wouldn’t have a problem with it.

User Detail :  

Name : christopher, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Catholic, Age : 30, City : detroit, State : MI Country : United States, Occupation : clerical, Social class : Lower middle class,