Reply To: Is Spanish language taking us over?

Home Forums Race/Ethnicity Is Spanish language taking us over? Reply To: Is Spanish language taking us over?

Tom

I am in no way offended by the increased presence of Spanish in the US. It is not taking over, there is simply a demographic shift taking place in America, and if it continues, America might someday be a bilingual nation. I am a Denverite, and there were Spanish-speaking folk in Colorado before my English-speaking ancestors arrived. How could I be offended by this? America will be an even better, stronger society as more and more of its inhabitants (especially English native-speakers) become bilingual, not because of a plot to take over, but by the reality of the situation. As for moving to a country without knowing its language(s): they are learning English. I moved to France and had to learn French. It is hard; it takes time. Be patient and learn a little Spanish; they’ll want to talk to you in English more if you try a little Spanish on them.

User Detail :  

Name : Tom, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 34, City : Paris, State : NA Country : France, Occupation : professor, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class,