Reply To: Preps’ and jocks’ view of others

Home Forums Class Preps’ and jocks’ view of others Reply To: Preps’ and jocks’ view of others

I was personally tormented by the entire jock and prep group when I was in high school simply because I didn’t wear all the expensive clothes, wasn’t athletically inclined, etc. I know that even after Columbine, it hasn’t changed. At my alma mater in Michigan (Chippewa Valley High School), it all still happens. A couple of months ago, Chippewa Valley was playing my sister’s high school, Dakota High School (sister school of CVHS) in a championship football game. My sister was in marching band at the time and she has since quit. CVHS lost the game to Dakota, so the CVHS football players apparently having no problems contributing to the jock stereotype decided to steal all of the band instruments from Dakota’s marching band and throw them in a dumpster. What did CVHS do to punish them? NOTHING. Their response? ‘We don’t know exactly which players did it, so we can’t do anything about it.’ If I were in an administrative position there, I would have suspended the whole team and forbid them to play football in that high school again. *shrug* So basically, they’re doing nothing to change the stereotypes by mistreating people the way they do. Columbine will most likely happen again, it’s only a matter of time.

User Detail :  

Name : K. Wojtaszek, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 20, City : Cedar Knolls, State : NJ Country : United States, Occupation : Media Technician, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Lower middle class,