Reply To: White fear and prejudice

Home Forums Race/Ethnicity White fear and prejudice Reply To: White fear and prejudice

Aaron

I will try to answer you questions as best as I can. First you must understand that under the circumstances you are only speaking of your experiences so the odds that you state are not as high as you assume. There are people I know who have been robbed, beaten and shot, but never by a black person. Does that mean that their odds mean as more than yours? No. everyones experiences mean what they mean to that person. Second, You should feel nervous when black people walk buy because of what you have gone through. Just don’t paint all of us with so broad a paint brush. The reason we don’t understand is because people are nervous whether we do anything or not. You should be nervous about the man that robbed you not me. I did nothing to you. We want to be held as individuals not as a group just like everyone else. If it had been someone white who had done these things to you would you be saying all white people make you nervous? No, you would hold those individuals responsible. So don’t make me responsible for something someone else did to you. Third, I have good friends who happen to be white and they are not elitist, condesinding snobs who long to hold black people down. But there are those people out there and try as I might, as hard as it may seem sometimes I hold them as individuals and not as a collective.

User Detail :  

Name : Aaron, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Baptist, Age : 31, City : Palo Alto, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Customer Service Rep, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,