Reply To: Reply To: Dating in black and white

Lauren

Take for instance: A young 20 years or so white male , self-proclaimed peace lover and practicing ‘student’ of political enlightenment/social humanity and I are catching up after not seeing each other for a year. He has found out that I just broke up with my black girlfriend. Trying hard to be polite, he eventually begins asking personal questions about it out of gripping curiosity. I obliged because I was curious to see where the conversation would go. He was shocked by finding that I was ‘going’ bisexual, but also that my first experience was with a black female. He started talking about that the girl was black. He couldn’t get over the black aspect of the topic and all of his questions became more and more ignorant, offensive and uncomfortabe. I tried to educate him about it somewhat because it was important to, but we eventually came to a point where he didn’t want to discuss it anymore and I knew then that even though it wasn’t said I wouldn’t be seeing him again. My interest is this: men are generally attracted through their own sexual motivations to female bisexuality. While my friend was interested in exploiting me behind a guise of concern or simple curiosity only to hear some juicy about bisex, or to perhaps ‘cash in’ on some action if he could get it, his core sexual interest in this became impotent so to speak, as soon as the ‘black’ element involved hit home- his whole attitude toward me took a bigoted turn despite obvious interest in bisexuality if the girl had been white. Racism does effect sexual preference or what is perceived as desirable. Certainly one of the most blatant and indicative shows of a common truth. Also, color is blind to basic female objectification. The two are basically inseperable in this light but only magnify the complexity of trying related issues.

User Detail :  

Name : Lauren, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 23, City : na, State : SC Country : United States, Occupation : Student; Business Operator, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,