Reply To: Reply To: Reverse discrimation unless flipping burgers?

CP7x77
Participant

I attend a university in Texas where there was a huge push a few years ago to get more minorities to be employeed there. Does this not sound like discrimination? If it doesn’t change ‘minorities’ to ‘white people’ and see if it does. We have people at the university working in the department of education that I have heard say out loud that they were hired because they are hiaspanic. It doesn’t matter who is being discriminated against, simply that it is happening. We should be judged on our merits not on the color of our skin. Another great example is when I applied for a position at a local retailer here and the application said at the bottom ‘An equal opportunity employer. Committed to diversity in the work-place.’ And I thought to myself,’These things are not compatible.’ You cannot be committed to diversity and still give everyone an equal opportunity. Sometimes all of your applicants with the highest qualifications may be white. Sometimes they might all be black (as is the case in the NBA which Russ poited out.) The point is that skin color still matters in the workplace and no business wants to be seen as racist, so they will gladly hire minorities over whites for that sake. ‘Racist’ is the new ‘communist.’ It is the ultimate death-blow to a company, group, or individual to be called a ‘racist.’ People will do whatever it takes to protect themselves from this label.

User Detail :  

Name : CP7x77, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 22, City : Dallas, State : TX Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class,