Why did Christians vote for Donald Trump?

Home Forums Religion Why did Christians vote for Donald Trump?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Chris-A 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

JoanneSSS
    Participant

How do people who are Christian justify voting for Trump when he seems to have cheated many times, bullies his foes instead of turns the other cheek, and acts in ways that often only pad his own wallet and don’t help others?

• This topic was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by  admin.

User Detail : Name : JoanneSSS, Gender : Female, Sexual Orientation: Straight, Race : White, Age : 63, City : Philadelphia, State : Pa., Education level : Master\'s degree,

~denise A.
    Participant

All I can say is that those who say that “Idiotic Ignorant Christian Bigots” voted Trump in sound pretty darn hateful. Almost all Christians passed on Donald Trump; their candidates were Ben Carson, Rand Paul and others. Trump won because those who voted for him believed he was the only candidate who could topple the Clinton corruption. These people want change and want to be released from the stifling control of the Establishment.

User Detail : Name : ~denise A., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation: Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 41, City : Houston, State : TX, Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,

Sandy B
    Participant

He is our President. Let’s give him a chance. Let’s pull together as a country. And yes, I am a very proud Christian Republican, in that order, and hate speech from both sides needs to stop. Let’s work together in our differences and find a common ground in all of our issues. And to those against us because we as Christians and Republicans voted for Trump, if you think everyone should think like you, then MOVE. This is the U.S.A. and we all are free to support who we want without having to answer to bullies.

User Detail : Name : Sandy B, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation: Straight, Race : White, Religion : Christian, Age : 21, City : New York, State : NY, Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,

Lawrence-R
    Participant

Whatever good President Obama did, those things were done by a “n*gger” president, and the good Christian folks of America don’t think that is good, so Trump was their answer, as a backlash. And yes, I’ve already moved — to escape Christian hatred, intolerance and ignorance. But I grieve for those thinking people who are stuck in the U.S., and for the world that will suffer because of the idiotic, science-rejecting ideology behind the Bronze Age cultists who elected this egomaniacal, criminal bully.

User Detail : Name : Lawrence-R, Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation: Gay, Race : White, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 36, City : Bangkok, State : Thailand, Country : United States, Occupation : Professor, Education level : PhD., Social class : Middle Class,

Chris-A
    Participant

Wow Lawrence. I’m sorry that you are not pleased with the election outcome. I am Christian and did vote for Trump. I did vote for President Obama before and have no problem saying I did. At the end of the day, I will speak for myself and say there are a few who believe as you say, but not the majority.

I have a child with a disability and saw what Trump did in mockery. As a Christian I don’t agree with it at all. I have had to fight for acceptance and rights from day one. At the same time, I had to vote for the candidate who could change things that I cannot. I will continue to advocate for my daughter, and yes, it pisses me off that he did and said what he did. But every single presidential candidate says a whole bunch of things and promises a ton. Every single presidential candidate lies. All we can do now is continue being upstanding good Americans. In four years, we will see where we stand.

Believe me, the things I saw on both sides of the campaign from both candidates … If I were either one of their parents, they’d be grounded!

User Detail : Name : Chris-A, Gender : Male, Race : Hispanic, Age : 54, City : Portland, State : OR, Country : United States,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.