10 yr old son sleeping with his mother

Home Forums Age-related 10 yr old son sleeping with his mother

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  GordonR 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Joe

I don’t mean in a sexual way. His mother refuses to put his bed together at her house and still thinks it is O.K. for him to sleep with her. I think it is wrong, at 10 yrs. old. Please tell me if I am over-reacting or, if I have a legitimate concern.

User Detail :  

Name : Joe, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Unity School of Christianity, Age : 46, City : St. Augustine, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : Horticulturist, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

If you’re sure it’s not in a sexual way, and the child is developing in all other matters in a “normal” manner (meaning he’s not acting out sexually, he’s developing appropriate boundaries with respect to issues like modesty, independence, self-esteem, etc.), and she’s not exposing him to her sexual activity (with self or others), then I’d say you’re over-reacting. There are entire cultures where the communal bed is kept for the entire life of a child until they get married and move into their own home. Why does the mother refuse to put the bed together? Does she not have the tools or the time? Does she not have the room to put it up? Would she allow someone else (like you, maybe) to put the bed together?

User Detail :  

Name : ShellyStrauss Rollison, Gender : Female, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : New Age/Metaphysical, Age : 49, City : New Alexandria, State : PA Country : United States, Occupation : Minister, writer, activist, CNA, draftsman, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

GordonR

If it’s not sexual, then who cares? It’s lovely for a mother to protect her child–in ever species this behavior extends to sleep. Perhaps you could do the Christian thing and offer to come over and put the bed together.

User Detail :  

Name : GordonR, City : Salt Lake City, State : UT Country : United States, 

At this age in time a ten year old is like being 14 now. yes that is nasty. he is to damn old to be sleeping with his momma. and she is wrong to allow him to… Its funny as a woman you would think I would be for it… but when do you allow your kids to be independent and he should not be seeing his momma who knows how she goes to sleep… my hubby’s ex wife still makes her 13 year old daughter and 6 years old son bathe together… now tell me if that is ok… and hse is weeeeelllll developed.. very well. he is exposed to female parts early. so no i dont think ur wrong.. Change has come!!!!

User Detail :  

Name : TeresaWorthy, Gender : Female, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Baptist, Age : 27, City : Jacksonville, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : Owner, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.