Reply To: Why do people think Trump supporters are backwoods racists?

Home Forums Race/Ethnicity Why do people think Trump supporters are backwoods racists? Reply To: Why do people think Trump supporters are backwoods racists?

Terry
Participant

We weren’t backwoods, we couldn’t deal with the mandatory healthcare. Did you try to apply? When I applied, my rate was over $700 a month I did not qualify for a “rate decrease,” and I was a single parent of two. I find that ridiculous. I took the fine and voted for the candidate who would help me most on my healthcare. Two other examples: My neighbor is a CPA and her husband is a manager at an engineering firm. She said they had to pay more than $20,000 OUT OF POCKET last year, and that was with the insurance they got that had changed because of Obamacare. Another family of five paid $7,000 in premiums three years ago with a family cap of an additional $11K out of pocket before insurance kicked in. This year, they pay $12K for four, with a cap of an additional $12K possible out of pocket before insurance kicks in. And that’s in-network, and for less coverage and fewer choices. I know too many instances of it negatively affecting people outside the upper middle class, people with disabilities and young working class people. People don’t have healthcare not because they don’t want it. They don’t have it because they can’t afford it. Obamacare put a lot of working middle class people in Iowa who don’t work for the county, state or government in a bind. I guess my neighbor and I are getting screwed to help provide insurance to others, while trying to figure out how to afford it. We are part of the program, too. No one in the media or government is talking about us. Affordable to All? If healthcare was Affordable to All, I think a lot of voters would have voted for Hillary.

User Detail :  

Name : Terry, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Asian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 37, City : Des Moines, State : IA Country : United States, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class,